AGRANA in Mexico
(Quality / Food Safety / Environment / Safety & Health)
At AGRANA FRUIT MEXICO we are committed to comply with the NEEDS and EXPECTATIONS of the CUSTOMERS, continually improving our BUSINESS PERFORMANCE.
The NEEDS and EXPECTATIONS of the different types of clients are compliance with the Quality of products and services, Food Safety, Legal and Regulatory Aspects, Risk prevention and care of the Environment; as well as the Sustainability of the business in a comprehensive way.
Our CLIENTS are the Shareholders, Employees, Society, Suppliers, Government, Competitors and Users of our products.
We measure out BUSINESS PERFORMANCE based on:
-Quality and Safety, zero tolerance in foreign bodies that represent a danger such as pathogens, toxic agents and / or cross contamination.
-Safety and Health, with the identification of hazards and risk reduction to avoid accidents and occupational diseases.
-The Environment, reducing to the maximum feasible the consumption of environmental resources, the generation of waste and the contamination of air, water and soil.
-Management Reviews where it includes financial indicators, legal aspects, continuous improvement and resource allocation.
|AGRANA Fruit Mexico S.A. DE C.V. was born in 1981 as SIASPORT in the City of Zamora, Michoacán, Mexico. It was established within the facilities of a company in the industry, being a subsidiary of SIAS MPA (France), later as Atys and now as AGRANA, since then we have accompanied the growth of the dairy products market|
|In 1982, Pernod Ricard takes over the management of the group (SIAS MPA), the world's leading producer of fruit preparations|
|In 1990, AGRANA Fruit Mexico is established within its own facilities, in the City of Jacona, Michoacan, being a subsidiary of SIAS MPA under the name of SIASMEX. Under the focus of fruit supply quality control, supporting different subsidiaries and a select group of clients around the world|
|In 1993, the current AGRANA Fruit Mexico Plant was inaugurated in Jacona, Michoacán, where the operations of the 2 companies are concentrated: SIASPORT, S.A. DE C.V. and SIASMEX, S.A. DE C.V.|
During 2002 important changes were made within the corporate:
|In January 2004, the agreements for the takeover of Atys S.A. by AGRANA were signed|
|In 2006, AGRANA, the most outstanding producer of starch and sugar in Central Europe, has become the world leader in fruit preparations. AGRANA operates with 53 production plants strategically located in various countries around the world.|
The Mexican subsidiary created in 1981 currently has approximately 1,000 employees and will continue to strengthen its position in current and potential markets by offering integrated solutions to the requirements and expectations of our customers, now under the name of AGRANA Fruit México, S.A de C.V.
- Strengthen the skills and career development of our employees, as well as to promote social programs that facilitate access to education.
- Develop a set of practices to balance our employees’ work and personal life.
- Development of projects, processes and sustainable products.
INNOVATION IN THE FRUIT SEGMENT
The development of new products and innovations represent an integral part of AGRANA's fruit preparation business. Owing to short cycles of the life of the product of fruit yoghurt, it is important to be able to react quickly to changes in consumer behavior, to recognize development potential and to set new trends.
It goes without saying that AGRANA's top priority is to support its customers by providing:
- a perfect service,
- a pro-active approach to innovations
- And assisting them in the development of their product portfolio.
AGRANA’s international organization and structure with 52 production facilities (37 facilities in the fruit area) on five continents makes it possible for the company to support its customers both with a global market vision and with local market know-how. The combination between international trends and local market know-how outlines an advantage in competition and makes it possible for AGRANA to be a significant partner in the area of innovation.
Current trends in the fruit preparation business:
- "100% natural": the most important trend in saturated markets
- "Health and wellness“: preparations with natural, but also with functional, ingredients
- "A treat": preparations for desserts that provide a moment of peace in stressful times
- "Social & environmental compatibility“: certified ingredients for use in Fair Trade products and for carbon dioxide and water footprints
- "Functional Food“: preparations that have an additional use
CONSULT OUR LOCAL MARKET EXPERTS!
In each country where AGRANA has a fruit preparation facility, our experts are available with their knowledge about the specific country to develop successfully the products for our customers.
New products are being developed within the following areas:
- Diary products: e.g. yoghurt, cheese, desserts and smoothies
- Bakery products
- Ice cream products
New product developments for the fruit juice concentrate industry are being prepared within the following areas:
- Use of by-products, such as apple pulp and fruit stones
- Optimization of processes for better product and color stability
- Improvement to aroma and quality
AGRANA Research and Innovation Center (ARIC)
AGRANA's research and development activities are bundled at the "AGRANA Research & Innovation Center" in Tulln, Lower Austria (www.agrana-research.com).
In this Innovation Centre, teams of food technologists identify strategic projects and work in direct collaboration with our customers and all AGRANA companies in the following areas:
- Innovations concerning the optimization of processes and ingredients
- Development of innovative concepts for different customer target groups and applications considering important trends
- Know-how in the areas of food processing and ingredients
ENVIRONMENT AND SUSTAINABILITY
AGRANA plays a key role in the food chain, therefore the Food Safety and Quality Control Administration coupled with an Environment administration in our processes is of fundamental importance to result in a comprehensive management system working under the strictest standards (ISO 9001:2015, FSSC22000, ISO 14001:2015 and 45001:2018 ). All of this places us as an organization capable of meeting and exceeding the expectations of our interests groups, focusing on the achievement of sustainability through:
AGRANA concentrates its efforts in environment and sustainability mainly in the following sub-sectors:
- Use of Energy and Raw Materials
- Water & Air
- Use of By-Products
- Consultancy Service for Agriculturalists
- Manufacture of Organic Products